Das Licht im Dunkel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Das Licht im Dunkel

Ein RPG in kleiner Runde, welches sich noch im Aufbau befindet. - Das Rpg wird in Plots gespielt.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vampire Hunters!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.Cuoghi

Anzahl der Beiträge : 88

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:56 pm

Claudius

It's approaching dawn, and the sky is a greyblue with the rising sun. A tall skinny man, dressed in a robe and a cloak and a hood over his head walks with a hurried pace toward a modest house in the city. The town in which he lives was called Winterhaven. The sounds of people setting up for the days markets could be heard as the man pulled out a key, and opened the door.

'Ah, that was a close call' Claudius said, with a sigh of relief. He unbuttoned the cloak around his neck and hung it on the oak coat stand by the side of his door. Then, he pulled of his grey robe, and hung that next too it. His black blazer came next, reveling his white shirt underneath. He threw the blazer over one of his Faux leather chairs, and walked towards the fireplace. With a small effort he got a fire going using the Tinderbox he kept by the fire, before standing and looking into the mirror he kept above the mantle. He looked at his reflection. Shoulder length, dark red hair which approached the colour of wine framed a somewhat pale and lean face. Yellow eyes stared back at him as he looked behind him to the bottle he left on the table the night before.
'Oh!' he exclaimed in surprise. 'That saves me a trip to the cellar.'
He walked to the table, and sat on the armchair beside it. He poured the contents of the bottle into a wine glass, swirled it around a couple times and took a sip.
'Mmm, Elven, a woody aftertaste. Delicious!' He declared to the empty room, before sipping again. '30 years of aging if i'm not mistaken. The younger ones are just exquisite!'. He looked around his home. He was proud of what he'd achieved. With time, money and a little bloodshed he had gain a lovely house in the town's center. He looked at the faux leather chairs, the small dining table and the woodburning stove. He looked up the red carpeted stairs thinking of the bed that awaited him.
'Life is good' He thought, before leaning back and closing his eyes for a nap.
Back to top Go down
Nelly

Nelly

Anzahl der Beiträge : 622

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:30 am

The evening could have been turning out in a calmer manner. Maybe he would have allowed himself a nap, or...something like dinner, if it wasn't for the late knock on the door before he could decide what to do with his evening. He had settled in with the local Inn, just had placed his bag on the wooden floor next to the bed and fallen into the sheets when the door opened and the head of a guard sticked in and ruined his possible freetime. That is what Cinder tried to tell himself, but the truth had been: he was excited. Very excited. And when the guard had explained to him that they had found a corpse of unnatural cause of death just an hour ago, he excused himself to prepare and after he gladly accepted to offer help, he hid two silver daggers in his collar and bound the bow on his back. The reason for the prepared weapon he told the guards was mere caution, of course. As the murderer might still be around, and Cinder didn't feel save with a killer around. A killer whom both he and the guards assumed to be a bloodsucking beast. after all that was why the had consulted him. When he left the house following the men in heavy armor, of which the smaller and older one was eagerly talking against the brickwall his being seemed to manisfest, he looked away to hide his dark eyes turning red with excitement. He licked his pale lips, while his deep black hair mingled with the darkness. Wonderful. As long as it was dark, dark like that, the vampire might still be around.
It turned out to be a cool, refreshing evening. A weather that was dry but with a cold wind, cooling mind and temper and leaving curious onlooker unwilling to stand and observe what was going on in one of the shaded alleyways of Winterhaven. One of the dangerous alleyways that was now in absolute darkness and guarded by several town guards, of which some seemed shocked, startled, and some fascinated and irritated by what some of them had not seen too many times before. He on the opther hand was used to it, but apart from the leading guards who had brought him most of them didn't know about his existence or his family name.He introduced himself with a nod to the standing and shivering guards as Cinder. Cinder, the hunter, and scout, if they wanted. For cases like that, very specialized with coldblooded murder, and very useful it seemed in similiar cases. "who is the victim?" He asked rather uninterested. who the victim was didn't matter- where the beast was was more interesting. he planned to approach the crime scene straight away, an indifferent coldness in his gaze towards the dead woman. But the guards held him back. "a young woman, in her middle twenties, approximately. If you would not mind, we only wait for the general to come back. He is bringing assistance with him. You will like the fellow." the young man said, trying to warm him up with a friendlier smile. Cinder sighed and shook of the man's hand. "And who is that supposed to be?"
But he would find out, and he turned at the right time to see the round formed and redfaces general appear in the company of another figure. Cinder's eyes seemed to turn even darker as he eyes the stranger.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:12 am

The sounds of knocking roused Claudius from his sleep. 'Oh, who could that be? It's...' He looked out the window from his chair, only too see that it was night already. '...Oh. Brilliant' he thought to himself. He stood up, and poured another drink from his bottle, downed it and headed to the door. He twisted the handle, and opened it up to reveal the Guard General standing at the doorway.
'Ah, Claudius. I'm sorry to disturb you at such a late hour but we need your help with something. We've got a bit of a... situation. There's been a murder, but not just any murder. We know you're a little bit of a... scholar on Vampires and other beasts like that. Could you come and help, we've got a partner for you. You should get along like a house on fire.
'Sure, I'll come out. Let me get ready first.' Claudius replied, closing the door and heading to the chair. He put on his blazer, and attached his gold bracers to his arms underneath. Then, he slipped on the robe and cloak before attaching his rapier in it's sheath to his waist. He slung his bag onto his shoulder and repopened the door to the general standing and waiting.
'ready to go?' he asked. Only for Claudius to walk outsider and signal for him to lead the way.
They walk for a short time before Claudius could see the guards accumulating around an allyway. Guards and someone he didn't recognize, wielding a bow.
He approached and help out a hand.
'Claudius. A pleasure to meet you.'
Back to top Go down
Nelly

Nelly

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:21 pm

The man Claudius faced stared into his face with the mime of one who didn't trust, and didn't wish to trust. Every movement of his eye was dedicated to read every single motion in Claudius' features, before the dark eyes shifted and stared down at the outstretched hand. Cinder hesitated to take the man's hand for so long, that his eyes seemed to fill with something that might be interpreted as either disgust or interest as he examined the pale outstretched hand. Then, without any sign of a smile or any other gesture that might suggest a friendly cooperation, he shook his hand. There was no warmth within the pale hand Cinder used to grab the other mans hand, in a firm grib that told that he didn't wish being talked back to, or being talked to at all. His control losened quickly, as if the touch of the stranger had been burning or highly unpleasant, and the darkhaired Hunter turned without a word and marched into the darkness. He didn't face Claudius but one of the guards with his questions. "Who is this man? Why is he consulted?"
Of course, Claudius had just any right to ask the same thing about him, who didn't hold himself any less suspiscious.
As the guards exchanged irritated glances, then an understanding nod as if to agree that there was nothing to do but to deal with the attitude of the consulted hunter, they sternly presented the red haired man's name to him. "Claudius, Sir."
There was no answer. Instead, Cinder pushed his way through the guards blocking the entrance to the darkness of the alleyway, that seemed much lighter to Cinder than to the waiting humans, and stepped into the shade all determined to finish that job quickly. Only a short glance, then the hunt would start. Within the darkness of the night he allowed his eyes to turn gleamingly blood red, but he blinked, and the impression was gone. With his back to the other guards and Claudius, he examined the pale and stiff corpse he found on the stone ground, her eyes directed to the sky with half opened lips, as if she had tried to scream, reach out for the stars, for the light, that she didn't reach no more. Her hands seemed relax, as if she has had nothing to hold on to while dying, or as if no pain had forced her fingers to clinch into a fist. Of course not. Because the source of death was no pain, but the hyprocatic, the enhanced and wrong security of a Vampire's bite. He leant down to the ground and knelt next to the dead girl, his hand gentle moving her hair aside so that he could have a close look at the two tiny bitemarks on her neck. "Has anyone seen the potential murderer?" He asked half heartedly, not quite expecting anything to be of use here. he licked his lips, thirsty for blood, and thirsty for the screams of a dying vampire. That creature would pay. Male, he assumed, from the gender of the victim, probably turned in a younger age close to what the hopeful Victim would have assumed to be worth following into the alley. Her hands didn't show any bruises or marks of a fight. Of course not. Bloody charming they were, the pale beasts. The guards had long stepped aside to leave space for Claudius to move in, but if the stranger had drawn any conclusions then he hadn't cared: he had no intention for teamwork with someone who believed to have a clue about Vampires. and if he did, then all to the wrong reasons. Hunters, if they didn't wear his own name, were certainly not trusted by him. And those who believed themselves to have experience and interest into the dark beauty of the killers of the night he despised with his heart. As they didn't know about the true cruelty, the responsibility within the curse.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:19 pm

Claudius noted the feel of the newcomers hand on his own, and felt the pulse coursing through his veins. He smiled. 'He's an interesting one.' Claudius thought to himself. Then, he watched as the new man entered the alleyway and watched as he adjusted his eyes to the darkness. 'Hmm, seems like he didn't have much trouble with that. Probably elven then, they've got a knack for seeing in low light. Ha, he's nothing on me though.' He thought, and walked behind the man, his eyes perfectly accustomed the the darkness. He brushed past some guards, and quietly stood back from the scene. On the ground he saw the poor girl, pale from blood loss, calm in death. She had lovely brown hair, and a slender, delicate figure. He could see that see'd been surprised, the killer had been subtle right until the end. Clever. 'Another Vampire then. So that's why they called on me.'
From his robe he pulled a small metal container, and took a sip from the substance inside. He smiled, gulped and then walked toward the body more. 'Such a shame, she was a pretty one. He examined the wound, and her features. She had the graceful and soft features of an elf, and yet something distinctly human shone through, a look of defiance in her cold eyes. 'A female halfborn, about...' he thought for a moment, running a finger over the wound, and subtly tasting. '20-25 years old, by the looks of her. Such a pity.' He looked to his companion, and took in details about him. He was pale, and had a grace about him.
'What's your business here then?' Claudius asked, in a low, polite voice. 'Would you also happen to be a scholar on these... beasts?'. He smiled then, and directed his yellow eye'd gaze towards his new ''partner''.
Back to top Go down
Nelly

Nelly

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:53 pm

he was about to hiss "don't talk to me" but he stopped himself, glared up to the stranger, and distanced himself from the corpse a little. Still staring at his new partner he lowered his gaze. "Let's say it is something like...my hobby. You are a scholar on this then, you say? How come so?"
He turned away from the place of the crime and stepped back into the lighter shaded street. "I doubt she knew her murderer for long. Some bad luck and the monster is out of the city..." although it seemed to hurt his pride, he titled his head and glared at Claudius, in all suspiscion. "what do you think?"
It was always difficult to track them down. If theywished to stay undetected they didn't leave much proof after all,it was a clean job. They were fast, they were decent. if they didn't happen to meet a vampire personally, how else would he detect him?
Again he eyes the new stranger slowly, took in every detail while he awaited his answer. Pale, decent, good posture. Cinder pictured him from a good household, or in the possession of money for all the wrong reason. More importantly though was his connection to the vampires. "what's your family's name?" he continued, wondering whether he would catch a link to a Hunter's family.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:42 pm

'I would have thought the look of utmost surprise would give away the fact she didn't know him for long. That and the murder took place in an alleyway.' Claudius said, then added hastily. 'My apologies if that sounded rude'. He bowed slightly, before standing up straight. He looked from the corpse to the the man, before answering. 'I think that the vampire was just looking for something to eat. He was hungry, that's all. There are no signs of a struggle so we can assume that she trusted him to a degree, this could mean that either she's a whore, or he turned on the charm. Moreover, he wasn't looking for anything else because there is no sign of a rape either. He was probably a relatively new vampire spawn due to the nature of the killing, since he didn't make an effort to hide the body, meaning he has drawn attention to his presence. That or he is asking from trouble since he will have any other vampire who knows what they're doing after him to avoid detection die to the acts of a careless idiot.' Claudius composed himself toward the end, taking a breath. He shook his hair out, and took another sip from his metal flask.
'As for my name, i'm Claudius. Claudius Orren. How should I be addressing you?' He smiled, and nodded politely. 'And how do you suggest we proceed?'
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:01 pm

[By Ney]

He stared at the stranger's pale lips while he spoke and searched for any signs of dishonesty in his eyes. And he watched when the metal flask touched the man's lups. "thirsty, aren't you? I suggest we go for a drink and discuss the matter. Though, the whole incident gets me thirst as well. You mind sharing a sip?" he held out a gand for the metal glask, his eyes daring the other one to resist, his lips twisting while his eyes were growing darker. Fair enough, the man understood what he was doing. That made him ever so more suspiscious.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:08 pm

'You didn't tell me your name sir, and I would very much like to know it, if i'm too be working with you.' He took one last sip from the flask. 'I'm sorry, It seems i've just run out' He tipped the bottle to show he wasn't lying. 'I do get ever so thirsty, but we could head to a tavern, and leave these fine gentlemen to clean up the mess. We'll discuss out next move there shall we?' He waved to the guards before setting off down the road, gesturing politely for his 'partner' to follow. Assuming he was following, he continued to a well kept, small tavern nearby and walked in. his walk was that of a gentleman, upright and postured. He opened the door with grace and sat down on a chair with a plush pillow on it.
He ordered a drink of red wine from the barmaid, but rejected food. When his glass came, he sat and took a sip, waiting for the other man to speak.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:14 pm

[by ney]

"cinder, my name is" he said quietly and nodded at the other ones clever resistance to his request. Fine. It was logical, but still missed to free him from all suspiscion. In the tavern he sat down on the other side of the table opposit claudius, one hand lowered upon the table, the other one hidden. His eyes and posture remained on guard. "how come you show interest in vampires?" he asked, ordering a bowl of stew and, as claudius, red wine.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:39 pm

'Well then Cinder, if I may address you as such, is simply academic. It sprang up from when I witnessed my first killing. My brother was so young when he died. Saddening. From then on I've been doing any research I could into the creatures, looking for a cure. You see, I don't hate them for what they did, for they have to feed like everyone else. I just wish to remove them from their affliction. So far all i've found is death.' He smiled, and took another sip of his drink. The smell of the stew was sickening, he couldn't stand food anymore, not that of mortals. He had to feed, the bottle hadn't satiated him, it wasn't fresh, and whilst bottled blood was fine, he sometimes craved the real thing.
'But there is a vampire hunt going on, how're you going to get away with it?'
'Don't you see, it's easy, make it look like another one of this vampire.'
Conflicting thoughts echoes around his head before he stood up, and smiled at Cinder. 'If you'll excuse me for a few moments.' He said as he turned out the door.
When he left, he push against the wall so Cinder couldn't see him, and changed form, into that of a hawk.
He flew through the air, loving the feeling of freedom this form gave him before he came across a lone woman, walking home he assumed, in the dark. He landed, and returned to his human form, before pulling the girl into a nearby alleyway.
'Sorry to disturb you my dear, but could you please help me? I'm awfully ill, and I need help.'

'Erm... yes sir... but... why an alleyway?'

'I'll tell you, come closer.' Claudius replied, relying on his natural charm as a vampire to compel the woman forward. Then, as his lips reached her ear, he bit her. he felt her tense up, and shivered slightly, before collapsing to the ground. Claudius wiped his mouth clean, and then took flight again, in the same form, to just outside the inn. When he landed he produced a cigar form his robe and lit it. Smoking. He quessed he'd been gone for maybe... 5 minutes. Hopefully Cinder hadn't gone looking for him, or things might get difficult to explain.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:58 pm

[by ney... again.]

He growled an "Hm" as an answer, rather irritated by the man's positive view on what he considered monsters without cure or mind or moral. He wanted them dead, he was sure on that, even if it was nothing but the meaning of his life rather than passionate moralistic despise. The talk made him more and more..eager. And as soon as Claudius raised to leave the room so all of a sudden, he was about to stand up himself and tell him that he would accompany him, or at least ask what he was about to do. He didn't. Instead, he waited til the man had left before he left a couple of coins on the table and raised himself. whern he left the inn, as expected, Claudius had disappeared. He didn't care where the man had left to, what was more important was to find the vampire who had killed the woman. any vampire. But his human nose wasn't the best in detecting blood. And the night air was tempting. His reddening eyes scanned the freezingly cold darkness for the figure of his partner who had left him in the inn. He wouldn't go wait for him. Instead, he himself had a close look around and when debated for a moment whether it would be a fitting time to start his...search. In his way, that was. Now that he thought about it it irritated him thatr Claudius had left him obviously without the intentioin of coming back too soon. Why running off so fart? he agreed that he himself wanted fresh air. The thought of so much living blood around made even him a little hungry, desiring, aching. But he could resist easily, as the stew infront of him had kept his appetite concentrated on human food. He sighed and leant back against the wall, relaxing in the scentless cold. No, he would start the search later. Now that he thought about it, Claudius' didnt seem like the person who would heave his partner without a proper polite fare well, or without excusing himself with a better reason that that unexplained goodbye. It was rather suspiscious that he had left and not only to go outside to catch some breath or smoke, but to have a walk as it seemed. Obviously not caring how long he would let him wait. Or...another reason. he inhaled the air sharply and his hands closed firmly as another thought again passed his mind. He had kept his own measurements of security earlier, but Claudius had passed the tests by avoiding them completely. and now he disappeared into the night and...another scent mixed with the scentlessness of the cold night air. Smoke. from very close. He turned around abruptly just to find Claudius, smoking a cigar as if nothing had happened and he had never disappeared. Certainly, maybe he had just been standing a little far off and Cinder had missed him..? ...his perception wasn't usually that low. and he would have smelled the smoke at least. The wind didn't turn, did it. "...You startled me." he said, but it sounded more like a death threat. slowly he lowered his hands that he had instinctively raised as if to protect himself - or draw a weapon. "...I didn't feel like food in the end." he thought of letting the man pass another test. ....but the idea in his head pictured the moment as unfitting. "Did you see anything suspscious while being out here?"
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:40 pm

Claudius took a deep inhale on the cigar, and let the smoke out into rings, watching them float away into the night sky. The air was warm, and he felt brilliant after that meal. Full of energy and life. Wine was fine, Blood was better. He smiled, and turned to Cinder. 'I'm sorry, I went for a walk. Just around the block, nothing too fancy. I hope you didn't expect me to be the vampire did you?' He smiled. 'Unfortunately, I didn't run into anything on my short trip, nothing to be excited about i'm afraid.' He took another inhale and blew out more rings. 'If you don't feel like food, shall we part for now?' He pulled out a small slip of paper. 'My address, should you wish to call, or stop by.' He smiled and produced another cigar. 'A smoke, for the road?'
Back to top Go down
Nelly

Nelly

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:53 pm

Claudius showed no signs of tension towards his obvious supsiscion. If he was a liar - he ought to be a good one. Cinder's lips closed to a tense line and he stared at the other one with cautios eyes, trying to raise his awareness of the night air and the darkness, perceiving the poisoned lies upon the pale lips of his opponent. But there was nothing, no twitch, no shame, no guilt, so he freed the other one from his gaze and turned away with a silent sigh, declining the cigar with a disgusted gesture of his hand. His rather sensitive nose couldn't stand the smell, and if he had planned to reach out for any sign of blood with his senses, then the smoke had done enough to get into the way. But he could barely say such a thing to the other one.
But he took the little note, not bothering to unfold it. If it should turn out to be a false adress he would find out so later - but he probably overdid it with his suspiscion - they were working together on the case, after all. As much as Cinder prefered to work alone.
"I will take some investigations on my own, but you are free to leave and not stand in the way too much." he murmured, then slowly and after some consideration added: "...I will contact you the next day." Then he excused himself into the darkness, the taste of blood on his tongue after he had bitten his own lips to suprress the red glint in his usually dark grey eyes. he certainly wasn't tired enough to give up that easily for the night. So his next goal seemed the red light district of the town.

where fresh blood is cheap.. he thought to himself, lowered his gaze, and disappeared into the night.

(after your post, I assume.)

The next time Cinder should take the bothersome duty upon himself to deal with the person who had reappeared so suddenly and suspisciously the night before should be atz midday, when the sun was standing high above them in the centre of the blue sky and the light was intimidly burning down upon people's skins. Cinder's black hair had a touch of mahagoni when he reached out for the door in front of him and knocked two times, eager, clear, demanding. Then he withdrew his left hand back within his pocket and the other one lowered the items he had brought with him within a leather bag. His impatience grew with every second he spend waiting, even though he didn't plan on waiting for too long. While he did, his dark eyes scanned the surroundings, the quality of the house discribed by the adress he had read from the note of the lastr evening and which he, after some consideration, didn't assume to be false after all. Maybe he would have prefered a false adress, as that would have assured that his work was cleared from this pretentious scholar who misinterpreted the daily cruelties of a vampire as something in some way forgiveable. Soon they would all be eating dinner together and offer them sacrifizes of pretty virgins as gifts for the hospitality. The thought was filled with bitter sarcasm and Cinder licked his lips where he had bitten his own flesh the night before, and where the pale pink of his skin had turned dark red with the thin cut it had left.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:07 pm

Claudius took note of Cinder's body language. He seemed tense, but intent on hiding it. Did he suspect him? If so, things would get troublesome, quickly. Giving out him address then, may have been a bad move on his part, because then he's have to excuse himself from a daytime meeting. Well, mistakes are made, he'd have to deal with it. He stood still, whilst Cinder made it clear the he didn't want Claudius involved. Maybe that would solve the issue of the address. 'Not likely' Claudius thought to himself.
'Then Cinder, I shall take my leave of you, I hope to remain in contact for a long time to come.' Claudius said, with utmost respect and decency, before bowing and turning to the direction of home. 'Well, this is an interesting development' Claudius said, to thin air. HE thought how if there was another vampire, someone this careless, then his identity was threatened. 'I dislike this situation, I can't stand recklessness.'. Then, in the distance, home. He walked up to the ornate wooden door, and opened it up, breathing in the warm air that greeted him. Still hot coals glowed in the fireplace as he took the bottle on the side table, filled his metal flask, then took a deep, long drink. Then, he removed his clothes. First the cloak, then the robe. He proceeded upstairs and placed his blazer upon the banister. As he reached the bedroom, he removed his crisp white top to reveal his pale torso. He was not muscular, but he wasn't lean. Signs of strength could be seen. Then, his trousers and finally he laid in his soft, velvet bed, and wished for a good day's sleep.

Bang Bang

The sounds of two knocks on his front door roused Claudius from sleep. He could see from behind the thick curtains that the sun was high, somewhere close to midday. 'Damn that Cinder, is this a test?' Claudius groaned, as he pulled himself out of bed, and put on a new set of clothes. Today he chose black trousers, a pale blue shirt and a grey jacket, before heading downstairs and finishing the bottle he kept aside. 'I'll get another from the cellar before I go back to sleep.' He thought to himself. Then, he pulled the cloak on, and opened the door. Standing before him was Cinder, holding a leather bag. 'Ah, Cinder, sorry for the wait. You woke me. How may I help you?'
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:25 pm

[By Ney Rolling Eyes ]

Cinder forced himself to a thin, rather insincere smile at the sight of his so called partner, then the gesture vanished and the dark haired young man went on. "i prefere to work quickly - i'd wish to invwstigate further and use the remaining daylight to talk to acquaintances of the victim. Obviously, as you are concerned about the case i shall invite you to follow."
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:33 pm

He had to think for a moment, this was bad. Very bad. Claudius could go out, the cloak was thick enough, but what if Cinder suspected him? Would he try and kill him? He had to get out of it, one way or another.
'Oh, I'm sure I can trust you to talk to a few people my friend. I'm not one to go galloping around town hunting for relatives. If you want help this evening, looking for the vampire i'll be happy to assist. For now, I wish to return to bed. It was a long night and i'm very tired. I'll be happy to entertain you too dinner and a drink once you're done though. Shall we have dinner sometime this evening? You can discuss what you've discovered.'
Claudius hoped this was enough, that his smiles and clam voice mixed with the nature allure he held would be enough to convince this troublesome man to leave. He was tired after all, he wasn't a day creature so he didn't lie wholly.
'I'll take me leave of you then' Claudius said, as he begun to shut the front door.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:38 pm

[Ney's response... Naturally!]

But the front door was stopped by cinder's boot hindeting it from closing completely - and expecting him not to try to shut the door even more desperately, he gently pushed it open again. "don't be so lazy, my /friend/" he said with an alarmingly sweet smile. "it is wonderful weather but it shall be your choice. In case you wished to stay in i prepared some other activities we could work on. You csn sleep at night, can't you? May i?" he gestured behind claudizs, asking for permission to enter with a daring and cruel smirk. Come on, he thoufht. Resist. Make yourself a suspect.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:31 pm

As Cinder's foot blocked the door closing, Claudius almost grabbed him and took him down, but that wouldn't help him, it would be stupid. Instead he winced, and opened the door again with a smile, and no loss of composure. He looked at Cinder, and bowed backwards, indicating with his arm that the way was clear. At least he would have him on his own territory. 'Please, come in. Sit down, and i'll collect some drinks from the kitchen. Would you like something to eat?' Claudius said, as he shut the door behind him.
Back to top Go down
Nelly

Nelly

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:29 pm

Cinder's unnaturally sweetened smile vanished and yielded a motionless expression that made clear how much he was on guard while stepping past Claudius with his daringly outstretched arm into the unexpected. In his mind he prepared himself for an attack, or to see bloodied corpses sampled in corners, their pile reaching the roof already. He didn't know why he expected so, maybe it was the paranoia he called his own from time to time. It was a sarcastic thought, but he couldn't help but feel a hint of fear as he stepped and expected the door to be closed behind him., Trapped. He smiled slightly. Oh, he could defend himself. Suspiscious eyes threw a look around the room, taking in whatever detail they could find and hints that might support his caution towards the partner.
"Thanks, I don't need anything. But as for the drink I brought something with me, as I learnt you appreciate good wine."
He half turned to the other one and presented a darkened glassbottle out of his leather bag. He titled his head and the bottle to the side and dared the other one with mocking eyes to step forward and take hold of his little gift. ..that was, if the other one didn't forget whose gift it was within a selection of similiar bottles. His lips closed to a tense, thin line.
He waited for the other one to take the bottle out of his hands, then he allowed himself without further manner to take a seat and pull the other items out of his bag. "Well, as we leave the killing of the monsters to the proffesional Vampire hunters, we people with brain should concentrate on the investigation, I suppose." he rolled out a map of the town on the table and took a little jar out of the bag that contained metallic pins. He pulled out one, watched the tiny needle shine in the light for a moment and then with brutal speed hit the needle into the paper where the murder of the last night had taken place.
"Also, I should maybe inform you. Yesterday night, around the time we enjoyed our meal, another victim fell to the fangs of a vampire. here, why don't you sit and mark for me where you walked your round last night?"
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:49 pm

As his guest entered, Claudius allowed himself a grimace whilst his back was turned. He closed the door softly, locking it behind him, and followed Cinder into the living area. He saw the fact that his companion was on guard. Surely he didn't suspect him this much already? He took Cinder's gift with a smile, and with a bow said 'Excuse me while i'll pour us each a glass. I'll be right back.'
He left for the kitchen, and grabbed two crystal styled wine flutes and set them on the side. Upon opening the bottle, the smell was clear, it was blood. His eyes flashed a deep red or a moment, but he knew he needed control. This was a test if ever he saw one. How should he approach it? Should he claim it corked, and pour it away? No, too obvious a ploy. He would have to call his bluff. Bring in a couple glasses and on the first sip act surprised. That's all he could thing of. So, into the two flutes he poured the thick red liquid and walked in with a smile and a nod. 'It's an interesting colour. Very deep. My I ask where you got it?' He said, with a smile. Noticing the map on the table. 'Oh, do be careful please. That's worth some money.' He said, with genuine concern. But, using this distraction he put his and Cinder's glass down without taking a sip. My route? Here' With that he put his hand in the pot, but as one of his fingers touched a pin he retraced immediately in pain. 'ARGH. My finger. What in the world?!' Claudius shouted, in clear agony. Silver? He couldn't have done. Got to recover, play it better, roll with it. He brought his finger to his mouth and broke the skin on a tooth, playing it as if he was sucking on it. 'Ah, I seem to have cut it on the pins. That hurt, a lot. I'll have to grab a small tissue or something. Wait here a moment' Claudius said, strained. He went to the bathroom, and bandaged his finger before returning. 'Yes, my route. Here, let me show you.' He walked to the desk, grabbed an inked quill then returned and drew a route around the block, going full circle and avoiding the murder site.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:12 am

[By Neyy-Chann~]

Of course he had heard the lock closing, and half a smile appeared on his lips. Of course he feared - if his paranoid, daring theory prove itself true, then he was in trouble. But he was also prepared. He had his weapons with him, and enough silver to restrain a vampire if he was..lucky. well. Or he trusted his skills, and the name of his family. "Fearing we might get disturbed?" he mumbled, but found his imprisonment rather exciting. Why was he locked in? Did his partner get suspsciosu that he might find out his little secret? Did he prepare to erase him, for knowing? They wouild see....he stared at the door and the maps in turns until the other one came back and carried the blood with him. Of course, he missed the other ones reaction. But pretending not to realize the smile should be easy. so he would ignore the lack of surprise. He took the glass of the other one and took a slight sip, his eyes directed with daring patience and mocking interest at the other one. "I got it from a very gifted man close to my family's manor. He has an exquisit sense for flavour in his vintage." His smile deepened as he licked the red juice of his lips and settled the glass down, then watched as the other one picked up the pin, and - Cinder almost jumped up in triumph to draw his weapon - flinched back in pain. Every tiny reaction would count now. Did he saw confusion in the other ones eyes, maybe even panic? Did he hesitate before he proceeded to stick the finger into his mouth? ....too late. He couldn't be sure. "I thought you only touched the body of the pin. Oh dear. You are indeed very...sensitive towards pain. Jusdt a little needle after all. That must be why you are a scholar, and not a hunter." He shrugged and waited patiently and as calm as he could bring himself to be until the other one returned and watched with growing excitement how he avoided the pins and instead used ink. "what's the matter, scared of the pins now?"
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:46 am

How did he let his guard slip? This was a major mistake. I have to organize my thoughts. Firstly, the pins are silver. This wasn't an accident, Cinder planned this. Second, he'd given Cinder every excuse to suspect him, if he didn't already he does now. Third, we're both locked in, if a fight ensued, only one would be leaving. He couldn't afford a fight, not with someone so prepared for it. No, I'll have to continue acting and hope the suspicion is dissipated. He winced in pain, and spoke confidently. 'An unfortunate trait I inherited from my late mother. My birth was the worst pain and she passed out from it. Always the smallest things would cause undue pain to her. I've inherited this trait and feel more pain that most would. It's annoying to say the least. So, ink and quill is much safer thank you.' He smiled, and hoped it would be enough. Though he noted Cinder's glass had moisture where he'd taken a sip. 'Interesting' He thought to himself, but the thought of the blood caused his eyes to flash again, but he hoped to conceal it by turning away to 'look at the paintings'.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:03 pm

[By NeyNey]

Inheriting sensitivity to pain sounded like a very ridiculous excuse in his eyes. Even a coward and weakling should rathet admit his eeakness instrad of blaming it on something as ridiculous as inheritance of weak nerves. He snickered and commented "how very unfortunate" in a manner that revealed how very amused he was. His gaze traveled to the door nervously but he regined his quiet and took another tiny, mocking sip. "what do you think of that second murder? I'm insecure if it is the same vampire. Why would it hunt just one night after he just sucked out a human? Tgen we have either a very young, a very foolish, or two vampires. I think we agree that with immense bloodlust a young vsmpire could hardly stay hidden in town. They are not yet used to hiding after all..." his grey eyes stared down at the other obes glass. "do you enjoy my gift?"
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cuoghi

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:21 pm

'How was the second murder shown? Did it seem to be a similar style? If so, it might just be a case of bloodlust. If combined with stupidity it's not out of the question that it was the same creature. However, I accept your view, and shall keep an eye out for patterns or lack of that may give it away.' Claudius smiled, and watched Cinder take another sip and clearly try to get him to take one. Again his thought swarmed, he wasn't used to this much testing. No one was ever this thorough. He picked up the glass, swirled it round, and took a deep sniff. That was a mistake as he felt his eyes change for a moment, and he couldn't move in time. Hopefully he didn't notice. Then, he took a sip, allowed the red liquid to go down his throat. It was a lovely sample, there was no denying, but he decided to call his bluff, Cinder drank as well and couldn't reveal what it was without first accepting he had some too. 'Very nice, excellent smell and body. I thank you for this gift.' Claudius stood and went to the fire, lighting it with the tinderbox nearby. 'Excuse me, it's getting terribly cold in here.'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vampire Hunters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Hunters!   Vampire Hunters! Empty

Back to top Go down

Vampire Hunters!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Das Licht im Dunkel  :: Kaminecke :: Das Kaminzimmer :: Kleine andere rpgs-
Jump to: